11 Mar 2011

Sudocrem

Sudocrem




I always refer to Sudocrem as 'Bum Cream', having had a baby and 3 baby nieces we as a family have gone through a lot of bum cream over the past 10 years.  Emma was a particularly nappy-rashy baby, it didn't matter how often we changed her nappy her wee always stung her skin and made her sore.  My youngest niece was the same, always had a red raw bum and cried when she wee'd .... in all occasions Sudocrem has come to the rescue.


I remember the first time I put Sudocrem on Emma's little bum, I didn't realise that you only needed a tiny bit and that you sort of spread it over the surface, so I dobbed on a massive blob - and white washed the baby!  I soon learnt that the reason it also came in nappy bag travel sized pots was that you didn't need much, in fact I think (by the time I mastered it) my big tub actually lasted us years!


So why am I reviewing Sudocrem now? I don't have a baby to test it on, well Sudocrem isn't only for sore bums it has a lot of other uses as well ........... 

  • Cuts and grazes
  • Minor burns
  • Sunburn
  • Eczema
  • Acne
  • Bed sores
  • Chilblains
Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream is gentle, so it won’t sting on application. It can reduce the risk of infection and contains a mild local anaesthetic to soothe pain. It also helps a wound to heal and forms a protective barrier over the vulnerable area. In other words, it’s a very useful tub to keep around the house!
Emma has acne, so we have been putting Sudocrem on her sore spots, it hasn't had an amazing effect yet, but we are still in the trial stage.
I used the tube of cream on some dry spots of skin on Andy's legs, again having lost my 'a little goes a long way' skills I accidently white washed him then made him sit on a tea towel so that he didn't get Sudocrem on the settee.  It sorted out his legs though and stopped him from scratching as he was driving me mad!
All in all Sudocrem is a very handy cream to have around, it has many uses - buy a pot and see how you get on :)
RRP: 125g £2,   250g £4,   400g £6  available from all supermarkets and chemists.

1 comment:

BabyChangeBags said...

Sudocrem is a godsend!! One of the most useful products made!